IT Outsourcing Reinvented
Not A Typical Outsourcing Company
Clarion’s unique engagement model provides a strong foundation to mitigate challenges faced by usual outsourcing companies.
Myth 1 - Outsourcing means no transparency
One of the chief concerns that companies working with a remote development team face is that of visibility. There’s nothing they would value more than the opportunity to treat the remote development team like their own and this is what we aim to do. With this in mind:
- Our customers are in direct touch with the developers working for them at all times.
- Extensive and open communications provide customers complete visibility into the daily activities of each developer and an hour-by-hour accounting of their day.
- Billing is weekly and at a fixed rate so there are no surprises.
Myth 2 - Outsourced Teams are Inherently Less Productive
Many of the customers we have served over the years have been start-ups and small companies. This has shaped our own delivery approach that helps us service our customers better.
- Our developers are among the best in the business and amongst the most productive.
- Developers take complete responsibility for the quality of their code and fix all bugs identified after an independent Quality Audit.
- Developers get the support and supervision of senior architects, tech leads, QA and IT without the customers having to pay for extra head-count.
We aim to deliver value for the money our customers spend.
Myth 3 - Outsourcing Companies cannot help if your needs span many technology areas
We have expertise in a wide range of technologies in the Enterprise, Web and Mobile Development space. Practices, business areas and companies within the Clarion umbrella address a wide range of technology areas like :
- Web Technologies - .NET, PHP, Java, ROR
- Drupal and other CMS
- Rich Internet Applications
- Mobile Apps
- Microsoft and other Cloud Platforms
- Other specific functional areas like Testing
Our unique Clarion values run through all these practice areas – customers benefit from the specific technology focus of each group while still enjoying several advantages of the Clarion Model.
Myth 4 - Outsourcing is for the “big guys” - Start-ups & smaller companies struggle for ROI
We recognize that our customers engage with us because they are looking to solve specific business problems – technology just may happen to be the best available way to do so.
- Many of our smaller customers value our ability to take complete responsibility for aspects demanding technology expertise while leaving them free to focus their energies on their core business.
- For our larger customers the focus is on ensuring a positive ROI for the offshore development effort.
Myth 5 - Managing a team at another location is just too difficult
There is a lot of discussion around software development process. This sometimes draws the focus away from what really matters – the fact that the process in itself does not ensure quality or predictability of delivery.
- Our belief is that our software development and delivery approach should be geared towards providing our customers the transparency, value and business results they expect from Clarion.
- We use a Modified Agile software development process designed to make our customers’ task of managing a geographically displaced development team easy.
- Ensuring complete visibility to the customers of what their teams are doing at all times by providing them access to our Project Management Tool.